Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm still here...

Am I going to be a two-post-a-month blogger? What's the point, eh?

Some interesting stuff these days in i-school world. One of our favorite professors, Jens-Erik Mai, is leaving the UW i-School to be associate dean of a new I-School up in Toronto or some other cool Canadian city. Can't blame him. He's Danish and oozes a bit too much cool for Seattle.

Congrats to him, but a bummer for us. I'm taking his indexing and abstracting class right now, and let me tell you, Mr. Mai can even help me enjoy Wilson (even though I want to edit the crap out of him).

Also, (and probably more important for future students) he's one of the "I" people who helps keep the forces of "L" in check. Don't get me wrong. I love L's. But balance is important and I think we're going to be a little L-heavy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?