Wednesday, May 10, 2006

How about something light?

OK, so now that my bird flu obsession is in full force, I'll take a break and profess my love for a couple blogs I love: Go Fug Yourself and Dooce.com.

GFY basically skewers the dumb fashion choices stars make. And they do it in a way that's hilarious to someone like me who doesn't give a rat's ass about fashion. Some things worth knowing:

Why do I, a trained journalist and almost-trained librarian like this trash? First, it's not trash. I don't want to hear that kind of language from you again. Understand? Mostly I think they are good, fun, snarky writers. One can't read (or write) about the bird flu all the time.

That's precisely why I like Dooce.com. While she mostly blogs about life as a former Mormon now living in SLC, she also has goats on her site banner and the text: "this website sux sweat goat balls." What's not to like about that?

Here's a bit more:

I especially recommend the following archive sections to get started:

Happy Reading.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?