Sunday, January 29, 2006

Yes, more on Google

I've been reading over my past couple posts and realize I need to say something. It looks like out of nowhere I'm just jumpin' on Google. Well, I guess it's true. I am.

But that doesn't mean I don't still love Google. Look where I'm postin' this...Blogger. What search engine do I use all the time? Google. What do me and my geeky library friends talk about all the time (that is, when we're not chit-chattin' about bibliographic control). Yes, again, Google.

It's not so much that I blame them for what they are doing as a publicly traded company, it's more of a public realization that they just might indeed be like everyone else. I still plan to use their services, and I still hope for big things in China, but I gotta tell you that I feel a little bit better about all those years I spent at the original evil empire. At least you know what you're getting with Gates and Balmer (and now maybe, Google).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?